Saturday, August 22, 2009

IT'S ALL ABOUT ROCK

 Photo copyright of Tahirah Manesah Abu Bakar, May 2009.

I have a Facebook group for HR practitioners, studnts and the curious called Roll 'n' Roll HR. Feel free to be part of us. I run the group with some friends and we share articles, thoughts, frustrations, and allsorts in there.

So why do I call it Rock 'n' Roll HR? Because I think in the profession one needs to have a rocker mindset. To be cool, tp be unorthodox. To have a sense of self-gratification, always be willing to take on any shit, be confident and go out into the corporate world not just to play the game but to entertain. You know how good you are but you need to do it for the passion, for the sake of it. Because no one does the job like a HR practitioner does. And not everyone can.

I come to work in leather boots. That speaks a lot, at least in JB it does.