Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SO?

Yesterday I was supposed to go to the FMM HR/IR meeting but opted not to at the last minute because I'd some new legal projects assigned. I sent my staff Azizah to go instead.

When she came back, she told me that the meeting discussed about worker-hiring issues, the scarcity of local workers and the Government's depressing resrictions placed on foreign worker employment.

Sigh.

See, that's the thing: this is all we talk about nowadays and we can all only sit around and talk about it. No one can come up with any answers. That's because the answers are not up to us!

There is really no light at the end of the tunnel in sight. Or rather the end of the labyrinth.

While it's all very well to know that we are not alone in our struggle to meet workforce demands, it's of little comfort because we have now come to an impasse which actually should not be there at all if only the powers that be try to understand how business works.