Monday, October 5, 2009

JOBSTREET'S HRNE IN JB: WHAT SAY THE VOX POPULI?

I recently met two hotshots from Jobstreet.com. We pondered on the feasibility of hosting another HR Networking Event (HRNE) in JB. Despite the obvious beneficial properties such events bestow, the last HRNE met with lukewarm response. On top of that, there is also the question of topic relevance and availability of speakers. I was told that HR Managers from SMIs are hesitant to speak and share their experiences. I wonder whether this is true, and if so, why.


I promised Jobstreet I’d consult my fellow HR practitioners in JB about the topics. I sent out an email blast through RRHR but no one has responded to date. So this means I’ll have to email or call or see everyone individually. Come on, folks. Where are all the JB HR connoisseurs? Let's make the most out of this opportunity to gather and gain as many resources as we can for our profession! (plus all those freebie goodies, remember!)

In any case, I have already raised my hand and volunteered to speak at the next HRNE, whenever that may be and whatever the theme. I already have a good idea of what I want to talk about and that can be bent and folded to meet any given circumstances.

I would also love to hear from other managers about their best practices and experiences. There's nothing to be shy about, we've all been the corporate janitors at one point or another in our careers. It's time we toast to it.